Japan Small Group Tours
Get beneath the surface of Japan by choosing one of our 18 amazing Japan small group tour itineraries! Led by our own experts and with a maximum 14 travellers, you'll discover Japan's best sights, tastes and experiences.
We're all about helping you to discover more of what Japan has to offer. Our full-time expert tour leaders live and breathe Japan - all native English speakers who love to show you their favourite sights, restaurants and bars. You'll see the famous temples and gardens, but you'll also experience life like the Japanese do: Izakaya pubs, late night ramen noodles, conveyor belt sushi and much more besides. You'll experience the incredible public transport networks (including the world famous 'bullet' train) as well as exploring on foot the backstreets of each destination you visit. With our 'Get beneath the surface' ethos, you're guaranteed to discover more and have a lot of fun doing so!
The Inside Japan group tour difference
Our philosophy hasn't changed since we ran our first Japan group tours back in 2001. It's all about getting a hands-on experience of what life in Japan is all about, gaining real insight, whilst seeing the best sights (well-known and not so well-known), eating some delicious food and enjoying some great company.
We know there is a lot of choice out there, so here are just a few of the things which set our tours apart from the crowd.
* Our expert, full-time InsideJapan tour leaders are there for you all day, every day (even if nothing is scheduled)
* When we say "small" we mean it! Maximum 14 travellers (20 on all-inclusive tours)
* More than just a place to sleep - hotels and traditional inns carefully selected for location and quality (no vast, soulless tourist traps on the edge of town!)
* From bullet trains to cable cars, your journeys are part of the adventure
* Feeling adventurous? You'll always have the freedom to explore independently if you wish & your tour leader can help you do just that
* Fancy a break? Take downtime when you need it
* Don't worry about the nuts and bolts. Transport, accommodation, tour leader, breakfast every day and at least one evening meal are all included on every tour.
Discover what Japan has to offer with an Inside Japan Tours Small Group Tour
View all tours Compare Styles
Group tour videos
Discover Japan through our collection of group tour, experience, and insider guide videos
From day-glo cafés, video game arcades and kawaii street fashions to ancient temples, exquisite gardens and spectacular natural scenery; J-Pop & Go! is the perfect mixture of kitschy pop culture and traditional Japan.
10 nights: from US$3373 Read more >
Japan Unmasked is a tour with modest accommodation and minimal inclusions, giving you the freedom to choose where you spend your time and money - whether you see yourself slurping on a quick bowl of noodles or splurging on sushi.
13 nights: from US$3503 Read more >