Japan Small Group Tours
We're all about helping you to discover more of what Japan has to offer. Our full-time expert tour leaders live and breathe Japan - all expats who love to show you their personal favourite sights, restaurants and bars. You'll see the famous temples and gardens, but you'll also experience life like the Japanese do: Izakaya pubs, late night ramen noodles, conveyor belt sushi and much more besides, experiencing the incredible public transport networks (including the world famous 'bullet' train. With our 'Get beneath the surface' ethos, you're guaranteed to discover more and have a lot of fun doing so!
The InsideJapan group tour difference
Our philosophy hasn't changed since we ran our first Japan group tours back in 2001. It's all about getting a hands-on experience of what life in Japan is all about, gaining real insight, whilst seeing the best sights (well-known and not so well-known), eating some delicious food and enjoying some great company.
We know there is a lot of choice out there, so here are just a few of the things which set our tours apart from the crowd.
- Our expert, full-time InsideJapan tour leaders are there for you all day, every day (even if nothing is scheduled)
- When we say "small" we mean it! Maximum 14 travellers (20 on All-In Japan)
- More than just a place to sleep - hotels and traditional inns carefully selected for location and quality (no giant tourist properties on the edge of town!)
- From bullet trains to cable cars, your journeys are part of the adventure
- Feeling adventurous? You're free to explore independently if you wish and your tour leader will help you to do just that.
- Fancy a break? Take downtime when you need it
- Don't worry about the nuts and bolts. Transport, accommodation, tour leader, breakfast every day and at least one evening meal are all included on every tour.
View all tours Compare Styles
Group tour videos
Discover Japan through our collection of group tour, experience, and insider guide videos
The perfect introduction to the fascinating culture of Japan at a time of year known for its lovely warm climate and fewer crowds.
13 nights: from US$3633 Read more >
- Kaga Onsen
With all meals, transport, and luggage handling included, and covering Japan's classic destinations with a few unique twists, there's nothing for you to do but sit back and enjoy the ride.
12 nights: from US$6965 Read more >