Latest News

Wednesday, 20th August 2008
In General Japan News,

Japan iPod users warned about 'overheating'

Authorities in Japan have issued a warning to iPod users after incidents of the devices catching fire were reported.

Following the warning, Apple issued a statement in which it claimed that overheating was a rare occurrence which affected less tan 0.001 per cent of older versions of the iPod Nano.

The company said: "There have been no reports of serious injuries or property damage and no reports of incidents for any other iPod Nano model."

However, the Japanese government said it had begun an investigation into a possible battery defect in the iPod model after receiving reports of the devices overheating.

According to the reports, the iPods send sparks out, scorching nearby flammable materials.

Some senior researchers have called on manufacturers to change they way they produce such batteries.

MarketWatch reports that sale of iPods have helped boost Apple's earning by 31 per cent.