Like this post? Help us by sharing it!
During the daylight hours, travelers spend their time in Tokyo checking out the Imperial Palace and shopping in the Ginza district. However, when darkness falls, neon lights begin to decorate the streets while paper lanterns pave the way to the next night club. Nightlife in Tokyo is eclectic and exciting, and visitors to this wild city shouldn’t miss out on the opportunity to experience it.
7 Top Nightlife Destinations in Tokyo
- Roppongi — One of the most well-known nightlife districts in Tokyo, Roppongi is where most of the tourists head for a good time in Tokyo.
- Ginza — Ginza is home to many of the hostess bars in Tokyo, where local men go to chat with beautiful women about their problems.
- Kagurazaka — This district is where many of the geisha bars are located. These elite destinations can be difficult for tourists to get access to. A local may be able to get a traveler into one of these locations if they have the proper connections.
- Akasaka — For high end restaurants and fancy night clubs, head to Akasaka for a classy night out.
- Kabuki-Cho — Kabuki-Cho is where visitors who are looking for explicit fun end up. It also is known as Tokyo’s red light district.
- Shinjuku-ni-chome — This tiny street is one of the smallest entertainment districts in Tokyo. It caters to the active and diverse gay community in this city.
- Harajuku — For young people in Tokyo, Harajuku, Shibuya is the place to be. This is the district where many of the local teens gather to hang out with their friends.
Enjoy these nightlife destinations in Tokyo! For full map and directions to any of the locations, simply view our map here .