What our customers have to say...
The most important thing we can do to improve our service is listen to what our customers have to say, which is why you can now read their comments unedited on our website.
Upon returning from Japan all our clients are sent a review form and this is where you can see what they are saying about their experience of Japan and of our service.
Search the reviews, check the image gallery and see for yourself how our clients rate the InsideJapan experience.
How are we doing? (12 month average rating)
4.90/5 calculated from 1022 reviews submitted in the last 12 months
Sarah (United States) - Japan Unmasked, Jul 2019
1. How would you describe your overall level of satisfaction with us as your tour operator?
Inside Japan was awesome. I was especially impressed with the packet you sent prior to our trip. It answered every question possible,and gave us valuable information of what to expect while traveling through Japan. It even listed the stops on the train in order from the airport to the hotel which we found reassuring, since we were very nervous about navigating that by ourselves. We got to our hotel with no hitches at all. I also liked the it included a transport card that we could use without having to purchase a ticket or paying a fare. We found Inside Japan to be quite thorough in every aspect of our journey.
2. Tour Leader name and satisfaction rating
Our host, Mark Hobold, was a gem. His leadership held our group together while giving us the freedom we wanted. His expertise of history and art added a great deal to the shrines, temples, and cities. His suggestions of authentic and traditional restaurants made complex dining fun. His patience navigating a group of 14 through Japanese public transit was incredible. We would have been lost (literally!) without him.
3. Consultant name and satisfaction rating:
Natalie was prompt in answering our questions. She was very knowledgeable, and she never seemed to mind when we sent numerous emails asking all sorts of questions.
4. How would you rate your package in terms of value for money?
5. How would you rate the accommodation against your expectations?
The ryokans were a challenge for two middle aged travelers. But we understand that is part of experiencing the culture of Japan, and to keep the cost affordable.
6. Please give us your comments on the transport included in your package.
Public transport in Japan is arguably the best in the world. It was a great experience riding bullet trains, street cars, ferries, etc.
7. Please tell us your thoughts on the meals included during your tour.
When we travel we like to be fully immersed in the culture, and the food is an important part of this experience. The meals were good and the restaurants our tour leader chose were great.
8. How do you rate the usefulness and standard of information in the Info-Pack?
9. Would you consider travelling to Japan again?
10. Would you travel again with InsideJapan Tours?
Inside Japan covered everything thoroughly.